The selected word "could" appears 10 times in the following 7 texts (sorted by titles):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (1 result)
185 Lent us his wings, we could not have beguiled
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (1 result)
81 The Melian's hurt Machaon could repair,
- [Impromptus] (1 result)
6 He eat a fat goose and could not digest her—
- A Long Story (2 results)
16 Though Pope and Spaniard could not trouble it.
116 And all that Groom could urge against him.
- [Sketch of his Own Character] (2 results)
3 Could love and could hate, so was thought somewhat odd;
- Stanzas to Mr Bentley (1 result)
13 Ah! could they catch his strength, his easy grace,
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (2 results)
71 And motionless. O earth, could'st thou not gape
81 The fourth, what sorrow could not, famine did.'
Please note: The above results do contain variants (such as compound words, possessive case, contractions) of the selected word.