The following 9 texts (sorted by results) match your query "like" (22 results):
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (6 results)
6 Not like yon dowager depressed with years:
30 Like Punch he peeps, but soon pops in again.
39 Like perch or pike in pond you see him come;
40 He in plantations hangs like pear or plum,
43 P, Proteus-like, all tricks, all shapes can show,
48 In shriller notes Q like a female squeaks.
- Satire on the Heads of Houses; or, Never a Barrel the Better Herring (5 results)
14 Is as like as two peas,
16 Is as like as two beans;
26 Follows them like a spaniel;
28 Is of the like tenet;
34 Like the rest of the dons.
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (3 results)
33 'Tis like, thou hast forgot, when yet a stranger
49 The mask of prudence; but a heart like mine,
103 Like mine might serve belike to wake pretensions
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (3 results)
20 Streamed, like a meteor, to the troubled air)
P Shone, like a meteor, streaming to the wind.
P says, 'And thus she, lion-like rising, daunted the malapert Orator no less with her stately port
- The Candidate (1 result)
12 'Tis just like the picture in Rochester's book.
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (1 result)
107 'Now drooping, woeful wan, like one forlorn,
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] (1 result)
37 Like old Sesostris with barbaric pride;
- A Long Story (1 result)
68 Or creased, like dogs-ears, in a folio.
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
P [Greek line (omitted)] [against the god-like bird of Zeus].