The selected word "tis" appears 21 times in the following 15 texts (sorted by results):
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (3 results)
1 'Tis well, begone! your errand is performed.
33 'Tis like, thou hast forgot, when yet a stranger
135 Beyond their chronicle— oh! 'tis a cause
- The Fatal Sisters. An Ode (2 results)
10 ('Tis of human entrails made,)
20 'Tis the woof of victory.
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (2 results)
28 'Tis ample matter for a lover's book;
95 'Tis hard the elusive symptoms to explore:
- Ode for Music (2 results)
1 'Hence, avaunt, ('tis holy ground)
12 'Hence, away, 'tis holy ground!'
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (2 results)
3 'Tis Willy begs, once a right proper man,
9 'Tis true, our master's temper natural
- The Candidate (1 result)
12 'Tis just like the picture in Rochester's book.
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (1 result)
46 'Tis the drink of Balder bold:
- [Epitaph on Mrs Mason] (1 result)
1 Tell them, though 'tis an awful thing to die
- [Impromptus] (1 result)
12 'Tis a sign you have eat just enough and no more.
- [Lines on Dr Robert Smith] (1 result)
3 'Tis not that old Focus himself has got eyes,
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1 result)
100 'Tis folly to be wise.
- [Ode on the Pleasure Arising from Vicissitude] (1 result)
23 'Tis man alone that joy descries
- Ode on the Spring (1 result)
50 We frolic, while 'tis May.
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
111 But ah! 'tis heard no more—
- [Verse Fragments] (1 result)
6 —'tis Ridicule & not reproach that wounds