The selected word "what" appears 53 times in the following 21 texts (sorted by results):
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (6 results)
38 Say then, through ages by what fate confined
72 Unmanly thought! what seasons can control,
73 What fancied zone can circumscribe the Soul,
94 What wonder if, to patient valour trained,
95 They guard with spirit what by strength they gained;
100 What wonder in the sultry climes, that spread
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] (6 results)
10 'I know not who thou art nor on what errand
22 'Through a small crevice opening, what scant light
46 Or thou dost mourn to think what my poor heart
57 What would you have?' Yet wept I not or answered
68 Take back what once was yours.' I swallowed down
81 The fourth, what sorrow could not, famine did.'
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (5 results)
27 Pr[ophetess]. What call unknown, what charms, presume
40 Tell me what is done below,
53 What dangers Odin's child await,
75 What virgins these, in speechless woe,
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (5 results)
23 Search to what regions yonder star retires,
33 What colours paint the vivid arch of Jove;
34 What wondrous force the solid earth can move,
40 And what Bootes' lazy wagon tires;
58 Redeem what Crassus lost and vindicate his name.
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (4 results)
60 "The scourge of heaven. What terrors round him wait!
105 'But oh! what solemn scenes on Snowdon's height
119 'What strings symphonious tremble in the air,
120 'What strains of vocal transport round her play!
- Ode for Music (3 results)
57 'What is grandeur, what is power?
59 'What the bright reward we gain?
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (3 results)
42 Man's feeble race what ills await,
85 What time, where lucid Avon strayed,
112 Oh! lyre divine, what daring spirit
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (2 results)
9 What if you add, how she turned pale and trembled:
166 What, so it be strange, and dreadful.— Sorceries,
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (2 results)
15 And sing with what a careless grace she flings
91 For ills unseen what remedy is found,
- A Long Story (2 results)
17 What, in the very first beginning!
134 'Why, what can the Viscountess mean?'
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (2 results)
23 What female heart can gold despise?
24 What cat's averse to fish?
- Ode to Adversity (2 results)
15 What sorrow was, thou bad'st her know,
48 What others are, to feel, and know myself a man.
- [Translation] From Tasso [Gerusalemme Liberata] Canto 14, Stanza 32-9. (2 results)
31 What length of sea remains, what various lands,
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York (2 results)
8 But what awaits me now is worst of all.
21 So York shall taste what Clouet never knew,
- The Candidate (1 result)
23 'What a pother is here about wenching and roaring!
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (1 result)
7 What ease and elegance her person grace,
- [Epitaph on Mrs Clerke] (1 result)
11 Whom what awaits, while yet he strays
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] (1 result)
8 When Celadon commands, what god can disobey?
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1 result)
28 What idle progeny succeed
- Ode on the Spring (1 result)
43 Poor moralist! and what art thou?
- Song II (1 result)
3 Ah, what means yon violet flower,