The selected word "how" appears 23 times in the following 12 texts (sorted by results):
- Ode on the Spring (5 results)
18 How vain the ardour of the crowd,
19 How low, how little are the proud,
20 How indigent the great!
23 Yet hark, how through the peopled air
- Agrippina, a Tragedy (4 results)
9 What if you add, how she turned pale and trembled:
57 How vast the debt of gratitude which Nero
72 Think too how oft in weak and sickly minds
125 That struggle with the yoke. How shall the spark
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: (3 results)
27 How rising winds the face of ocean sweep;
31 How flames perhaps, with dire confusion hurled,
41 How the rude surge its sandy bounds control;
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (2 results)
27 How jocund did they drive their team afield!
28 How bowed the woods beneath their sturdy stroke!
- The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode (2 results)
71 How do your tuneful echoes languish,
123 Beneath the Good how far— but far above the Great.
- [The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment] (1 result)
26 How rude so e'er the exterior form we find,
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (1 result)
23 'Hark, how each giant-oak, and desert cave,
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — (1 result)
9 Queen Esther next— how fair e'en after death;
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. (1 result)
38 Or how the Persian trod the indignant sea;
- A Long Story (1 result)
122 'How in the park beneath an old-tree
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1 result)
55 Yet see how all around 'em wait
- Song I (1 result)
7 Ah say, fellow-swains, how these symptoms befell me?